Dr. Lee Harris has over 30 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian, veterinary hospital owner, practice consultant, and writer on pets and business topics. A brief personal summary includes:
- Graduated with DVM (cum laude) from Washington State University, 1974.
- Associate veterinarian at Kingsgate Animal Clinic in Kirkland, WA from 1974 to 1977.
- Built and operated Sacajawea Healthcare for Pets in Federal Way, WA, from 1977 to 2003.
- Sacajawea Healthcare for Pets was sold to National Veterinary Associates in 2003 and Dr. Harris served as managing veterinarian until 2007.
- After a 5-month sabbatical he divided time between practicing at Sacajawea Healthcare for Pets and doing relief work in Phoenix from 2007 to 2008.
- From 2008 until March 2010 Dr. Harris served as Manager of Regional Operations for National Veterinary Associates. In this role he did consulting, financial analysis, training, and marketing for 26 hospitals in the western United States. During this time he continued to see patients at Sacajawea and assisted in the management of this hospital, as well as doing some relief work in Southern California.
A varied team of advisors is available to add their perspective and expertise. These people include:
Terri Culver, BA: Thirty-three years of experience as the manager of a very profitable practice has given Ms. Culver extensive knowledge in personnel, budgeting, and implementation of programs in the veterinary hospital. She was co-founder of the Northwest Veterinary Hospital Managers Group and past official in the VHMA.
Ortrun Morlan, DVM: Practicing veterinarian and Managing Veterinarian at a successful 3-doctor hospital in Washington. Her hospital has been on the forefront of marketing and client service programs.
Kitty Callaghan: Vice-president of marketing and training for several large corporations, from the airline industry to property management. Expert in public image, customer service, and facility appearance.
Connie Moll, DVM: Managing Veterinarian and previous owner of a well-managed veterinary hospital in Michigan.
Landon Gordon: Vice-president of Technology for a medical software company. He has provided advice on all aspects of computer systems and internet functions.
Shannon Harris: Small business owner with expertise in client service and marketing in service businesses.
Peggy Kittrick: Administrative advisor with experience in human medicine, banking, and photo/optical labs.
Tuffer Harris, BA, JD: Lawyer with specialty in contract law and intellectual property.